- 150 grams Self Raising Flour
- 375 milliliters Milk
- 150 grams Butter, Melted (cooled)
- 2 tsps Finely Grated Lemon Rind
- 1 tsp Finely Grated Lime Rind
- 60 milliliters Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 4 Eggs (separated)
- 2 tbsps Gin
- Whipped Cream (to serve)
- 140 grams Caster Sugar
- 125 milliliters Tonic Water
- 60 milliliters Gin
- 1 Small Lemon (thinly sliced)
- 1 Small Lime (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan-forced.
- Whisk sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Add milk, butter, lemon and lime rind and juice, egg yolks and gin. Whisk until well combined.
- Place egg whites in a separate bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until just-firm peaks. Gently fold egg white into batter in 3 batches. Gently pour into a 7cm-deep, 18 x 29cm baking dish. Place dish in a roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to pan to reach halfway up side of dish.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until top is just firm
- Meanwhile, make Gin and tonic syrup Place sugar, tonic water and gin in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high. Bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Carefully add lemon and lime slices. Boil for a further 5 minutes or until syrup has thickened and the rind of the lemon and lime is tender. Remove from heat. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Working quickly, dollop top of pudding with whipped cream. Top with lemon and lime slices and drizzle with half of the syrup. Serve with remaining syrup. Yum!!!!!!
recipe from That Clean Life