Pumpkin soup with a twist. Sound delicious?
Winter brings with it coldness and sometimes we seek the warmer, comfort type foods to warm our bones. Unfortunately, our desire to warm our bodies through comfort foods can mean we consume extra calories and subsequently, these end up parking themselves right on our hips! We all know this scenario is not ideal.
What’s the answer, I hear you say? Soup! It is very nutritious, low in calories and oh so warm! Try this pumpkin soup with a twist. Team it up with some warm crusty bread and you have a delightful and super comforting winter warming meal!
Ingredients – Pumpkin soup with a twist
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
3/4 medium-sized butternut pumpkin, skin and seeds removed, chopped
2 medium potatoes, chopped
1-1 1/2 teaspoons mild curry powder
salt and cracked black pepper
2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 cup full cream
chilli powder to taste, if desired
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat
- Put in the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not coloured
- Add garlic and spices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds
- Next add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to the boil
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly, then blend in batches
- Return soup to the pan, stir through cream and reheat gently
- Season and add a little more chilli if desired.
And there you have it! Delicious, easy and nutritious pumpkin soup with a twist!
Enjoy and make sure you don’t forget your warm crusty bread!
This blog post is an educational tool only. It is not a replacement for medical advice from a registered and qualified doctor or health professional.
Phone: (03) 9773 8085